Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About The Role
The Legal & Enterprise Risk Assistant within Legal and Enterprise Risk (“L&ER”) will report up to the Business and Program Manager within the larger L&ER COO team. The Assistant will spend their time in two ways: First, by providing administrative support to a number of professionals within L&ER, including attorneys, compliance officers, and risk officers. This responsibility is foundational to the role. In addition, the Assistant will be responsible for a variety of departmental projects and processes. The Assistant will work closely with other members of the L&ER Assistant team to provide project assistance and administrative support across Legal & Enterprise Risk.
It is worth noting that the Assistant role is seen as a steppingstone to other career opportunities at Wellington and provides a good opportunity for someone looking to pursue a career within the legal, enterprise risk, or investment fields.
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Calendar management, including organization of internal and external meetings
- Coordination of domestic and international travel logistics
- Expense report preparation
- Coordination of document signings and maintenance of electronic filing systems
- Assisting with the production of correspondence and other documents including legal agreements
- Providing cross-coverage and back-up support to other department Assistants as needed
- Handling of mail and other correspondence
- Project and Process Responsibilities
- Creating and maintaining SharePoint and Teams sites
- Developing PowerPoint presentations
- Updating databases and preparing reports
- Creating and tracking spreadsheets
- Preparing and helping to edit the department newsletter
- Creating and preparing management reports, including identifying and highlight key metrics
- Undergraduate degree preferred; minimum 1-2 years total work experience
- Legal, enterprise risk, or investment industry experience would be viewed favorably
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Strong detail-orientation and work quality
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- A high level of professionalism and discretion
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding service orientation, a positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization abilities
- Ability to work under deadlines and to accommodate last-minutes changes
- Typical work schedule is 8 am – 5 pm, though flexibility and overtime may be required by business circumstances
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That’s ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.